Creative Writing Competition 2017
This competition is now closed!
Felix Dennis Creative Writing Competition 2017
TOP PRIZE £1000
Write a Poem or Short Story on the theme of Sharing Stories
Open to everyone from age 7+ and the winning entries wil be published in a Festival Collection.
17+ age group
First Prize: £1000
12-16 age group
First Prize: £250
7-11 age group
First Prize: £100 including a year's subscription to The Week Junior
Please read the rules of entry below carefully.
Final date for entries: 24th February 2017 (23.59 GMT)
Submit your entry in a Word document attachment ONLY please with the file name being your name and age, and with your name and address at the top of the document and email it here.
The Small Print:
1. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. All entries must be in English, original and must not have been published or have won competitions elsewhere. Stratford Literary Festival will retain the copyright to the published collection of winning stories, but authors will retain the copyright to their individual submissions.
3. Poems must be a maximum of 600 words. Short stories must be a maximum of 2000 words.
4. The competition is open to all ages, professions and nationalities from 7 years of age +.
5. Entries must directly or indirectly reflect the theme of the competition.
6. We accept only one submission per entry. All entries must comply with entry requirements and entries not submitted by email and in a Word document will not be considered. Please name the file with your name and age and all entries must include your name, address, and date of birth.
7. Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
8. Writers will be notified before the launch of the Festival on 23rd April 2017. Winning entries and runners-up will appear in a Festival book which will be on sale at Waterstones Stratford-upon-Avon from 23rd April 2017 and online. Authors of those submissions to be included will be notified.
9. By entering and supplying your email address you are allowing us to notify you about the Stratford Literary Festival. Your information will not be shared with any third parties.
10. Stratford Literary Festival is a registered charity in England: 1164662
Felix Dennis was a publisher, poet and planter of trees, and a great supporter of the Festival. He died in 2014. His Executors are supporting the competition in his memory to encourage writers and poets.
Live FeedTweets by @StratLitFest
Sarah Perry, already winner of the Waterstones Book of The Year, on Bailey's Longlist
A week of help, support and discovering new skills
Story based on Asian legend wins this award for debuts