Creative Writing Competition 2016
'For All Time'
Felix Dennis Creative Writing Competition 2016
17+ age group
First Prize: Fiona Ritchie Walker £1000
Runner-up: Susan Smith £300
12-16 age group
First Prize: Mikaela Prestowitz £250
Runner-up: Emily Jones £50
7-11 age group
First Prize: Sam Morris £100 including, a year's subscription to The Week Junior, and a tagged tree with the winner’s name in the Heart of England Forest
Runner-up: Florence Comber £50
The Festival Book has now SOLD OUT!
We had so many entries we are unable to notify everybody. If you haven't receive an email from us (check your junk folder!) or are notified by your school, we regret your poem or short story has not been successfull.
The Small Print:
1. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. All entries must be in English, original and must not have been published or have won competitions elsewhere. Stratford upon Avon Literary Festival will retain the copyright to the published collection of winning stories, but authors will retain the copyright to their individual submissions.
3. The competition is open to all ages, professions and nationalities from 7 years of age +.
4. Entries must directly or indirectly reflect the theme of the competition.
5. Writers can submit one entry only. All entries must comply with entry requirements and entries not in Word documents will not be considered.
6. Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
7. Writers will be notified before the launch of the Festival on 24th April 2016. Winning entries and runners-up will appear in a Festival book which will be on sale at Waterstones Stratford-upon-Avon from 22nd April 2016 and online.
8. By entering and supplying your email address you are allowing us to notify you about the Stratford Literary Festival. Your information will not be shared with any third parties.
Live FeedTweets by @StratLitFest
Masterclasses, debuts and some award winning first novelists feature at this year's Festival.
New Felix Dennis Prize announced for 2016
Leading book charity supports festival with grant for intern