Terms & Conditions» All events take place in the venue printed on your ticket. You will be contacted by email in advance of an event if the venue changes.
» Unless an event is cancelled e.g. because the speaker is ill or becomes unavailable, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. All tickets include VAT. All details and prices are as advertised, but may be liable to change.
» Tickets are sold though an external box office. Ticket sales online finish shortly before an event starts. To book tickets by phone please call 0333 666 3366. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-7pm (excluding bank holidays). All tickets booked by phone or online incur a booking fee. This fee is for the costs of running the external box office and is not revenue for the Festival. Tickets can be purchased on the door during the Festival, subject to availability. Tickets sent out in the post will cost an additional £2.50. Customers can add their tickets to their Apple or Google wallet.
» Books are available to purchase after each event at the pop-up Waterstones bookshop and, if relevant, authors will sign copies of their book after each event. We request that you do not bring copies of books not purchased at the event for signing.
» Some events may be filmed and we have a photographer at the Festival taking pictures for marketing purposes. By buying a ticket you are giving your consent to being filmed or photographed. Please let a senior member of the Festival team know if you do not wish to be filmed or photographed. Parents/guardians will be consulted before any images of children are taken.
» The Crowne Plaza Hotel has step free access and accessible toilets. If you require assistance with access or seating at a venue or have other special requirements, please notify us at [email protected] in advance so that we can assist you.
» We reserve the right to alter the programme or substitute performers or workshop tutors if circumstances dictate. Please check the website or follow us on Twitter @Stratlitfest for programme change alerts.
» If a headline speaker has to withdraw, and no suitable alternative speaker is available pursuant to the clause above, then tickets will be refunded by our external Box Office Ticketsource. This may take a few days to show on your statement. Booking fees and other charges will not be included in the refund.
» All seats are unreserved. All events are an hour long unless otherwise stated and doors open half an hour before the start time.
» Adults are expected to buy a ticket for Family Events unless the programme states otherwise. All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. The Festival takes no responsibility for unaccompanied children. Children under 2 and babes in arms do not need a ticket.
» We give guidance on the suitable age range for a Family Event but this is guidance only and parents or guardians should make their own judgement. All opinions expressed by speakers attending the Festival are theirs.
» No animals of any kind except assistance dogs are allowed into any Festival venues or events.
» The Festival will not tolerate any abuse of our staff or volunteers. Any issues should be addressed to the Festival Director at [email protected].
» Please check our website before you travel for any last minute changes
*Stratford Literary Festival is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation No: 1164662
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Stratford Literary Festival and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Stratford Literary Festival. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Stratford Literary Festival takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Stratford Literary Festival - ©Stratford Literary Festival. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
If you feel we have misrepresented or infringed your copyright please contact us immediately.
Terms and Conditions
The term “Stratford Literary Festival “ or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website:
Contact : -
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.