Terms & Conditions
All events, except where stated, take place at:
Stratford Play House (formerly Stratford ArtsHouse)
14 Rother Street,
Stratford upon Avon CV37 6LU
or in The Bear Pit or United reformed Church which are 1 min walk from the ArtsHouse.
PLEASE CLICK HERE for terms and conditions relating to Winter Weekend 2020.
During the Spring festival events take place at venues around Stratford and are marked on your ticket, on our website and on our online Box Office. Please check before you travel.
- Tickets are sold though an external box office. Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. All tickets include VAT. All tickets booked by phone or online incur a booking fee. Should a ticket be refunded because of an unavoidable cancellation, the booking fee will not be returned. Tickets may be on sale at the Stratford Play House and at a Festival Hub during the Spring Festival and on the door for events, unless an event is sold out. Stratford Play House will not be taking telephone bookings. The booking number can be found on each page of our programme and on our website.
- All seats are normally unreserved. This situation does not apply during Covid-19 restrictions and this will be reflected in terms and conditions issued for those circumstances.
- Accessibility: all venues can accommodate wheelchairs and those with mobility issues, and there is an accessible toilet at all venues. All venues have step free access. Please contact us if you have particular needs or require a seat close to the stage due to hearing or sight challenges. Stratford Play House and most other venues have a hearing loop in operation and all speakers use a microphone except in the Bear Pit Theatre where it is not deemed necessary.
- Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult (over 18 years of age). We cannot accept responsibility for unaccompanied children. Children over 14 may attend alone but must be delivered and collected by a responsible adult, and are not the responsibility of the Festival. Adults attending children's events are expected to buy a ticket. Children under 2 and babes in arms who do not require a seat do not need a ticket.
- We reserve the right to alter the programme or substitute performers if circumstances dictate. Please check our website or follow us on Twitter @Stratlitfest for programme change alerts.
- All events are an hour long unless otherwise stated. Books are available to buy at each event and authors will sign copies of their books after each event. Books featured at the Festival and those signed at earlier events will be on sale at Waterstones, 8 High Street. We request that you do not bring copies of books not purchased at the event for signature.
- Some events may be filmed or recorded. By buying a ticket you are giving your consent to be filmed or recorded as a member of the audience. Please let one of the Festival team know if you do not wish to be in a photograph.
- All details and prices are correct at time of going to press.
- Please check our website before you travel for any last minute changes.
- There may be a collection for other charities we support at some of our events.
- The Stratford Literary Festival is a Registered Charity Number: 1164662.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Stratford Literary Festival“ and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “Stratford Literary Festival“. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Stratford Literary Festival” takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of “Stratford Literary Festival” - © “Stratford Literary Festival” All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
If you feel we have misrepresented or infringed your copyright please contact us immediately.
Terms and Conditions
The term “Stratford Literary Festival “ or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website:
Contact : -
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.