Terms and Conditions
Please read the following carefully. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, terms and conditions may be subject to change depending on guidelines.
WINTER WEEKEND 2020 COVID-SAFE LIVE EVENTS
- All events taking place live in front of an audience will follow the most recent Government Covid-19 guidelines for public events and performing arts advised by the Government.
- The welfare of our audience, authors and volunteers is paramount, so please abide by the Festival’s Covid-19 Rules. Those not observing Covid-19 guidelines will not be admitted and may be asked to leave the event.
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19 you must not attend. Symptoms include a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- If you are self-isolating because you are more at risk from Covid-19, you should not attend an event.
- Your temperature: Government guidance requires us to take your temperature. We will use a contactless forehead sensor at the venue and you cannot be admitted if your temperature is above 37.4 degrees.
- Please bring your ticket with you (or have your mobile ticket open on your phone)
- Please bring a face mask and wear it around the building. If you are seated and have a drink, you can remove your mask.
- We will be operating a one-way system in the building.
- There will be books available to buy but authors will not be signing and dedicating them in person. Instead they will pre-sign book plates.
- Doors open 30 minutes before the start of each event and you will be emailed an arrival time in advance to avoid queuing. Tickets are not available to buy on the door. Ticket sales online finish an hour before an event starts. Click here to book online.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- If we are unable to run an event in front of an audience your ticket will be refunded. You will then be able to purchase a new ticket in order to view the event online instead.
- Any tickets booked for live events that are cancelled will be refunded including booking fee.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
- Unless an event is cancelled for Covid-19 reasons, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged. All tickets include VAT. All tickets booked by phone or online incur a booking fee.
- Tickets are sold though an external box office.
- NEW: Tickets can only be purchased in advance for the Winter Weekend. They are not available on the door. Ticket sales online finish an hour before an event starts. Click here to book online.
- Stratford Play House will not be taking telephone bookings but walk-up bookings are available on Wednesdays 11am-3pm (opening times may vary).
- To book tickets by phone please call 0333 666 3366. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-7pm.
- All seats are pre-allocated and you can choose the area of the auditorium you would like to sit on booking. For floor seating, you will be seated on arrival. We only allow family bubbles of 6 sitting together (this may change due to guidelines).
- Accessibility: Stratford Play House can accommodate wheelchairs and those with mobility issues. There is an accessible toilet, step free access and a hearing loop. Please contact us if you have particular needs or require a seat close to the stage due to hearing or sight impairment.
- FAMILY EVENTS: Children under 14 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult (over 18 years of age). We cannot accept responsibility for unaccompanied children. Children over 14 may attend alone but must be delivered and collected by a responsible adult, and are not the responsibility of the Festival. Adults attending children’s events must have a ticket. Children under 2 and babes in arms who do not require a seat do not need a ticket.
- We reserve the right to alter the programme or substitute performers if circumstances dictate. Please check the website or follow us on Twitter @Stratlitfest for programme change alerts.
- All events are an hour long unless otherwise stated.
- Books are available to buy at each event but, for Covid-19 reasons, authors will not be signing copies. Pre-signed book plates will be available. Card payments only please.
- All events will be filmed or recorded for live streaming. By buying a ticket you are giving your consent to be filmed, photographed or recorded as a member of the audience. Please let one of the Festival team know if you do not wish to be featured.
- All details and prices are correct but may be liable to change.
- Please check our website before traveling to the venue for any last minute changes.